The English language is full of catch-all terms that aren’t easily defined, and senior living is one of them. Essentially, this phrase encompasses a wide range of options catering to the unique needs of older adults.
Senior living in Plano, TX falls under this category; it includes independent living, assisted living, and memory care. This appealing city has rich cultural diversity, a convenient Texas location, and also offers the three senior living choices mentioned above.
And since there is a growing number of older adults seeking secure, comfortable living arrangements within the Lone Star State, you’ll want to understand what these options have in common – and their differences.
The guide below offers a general overview of what older adults in Plano can expect to find in senior living communities. It’s a helpful way to find the best service for you or a loved one, keeping in mind that not all services are provided in each location.
Independent Living in Plano Fosters a Sense of Community
Independent living can be the right choice for seniors who want to maintain their autonomy while enjoying the benefits of a supportive community. Plano independent living communities offer services and amenities tailored to enhance the quality of life for older adults who do not require daily medical or personal support services.
- Plano senior independent living communities provide secure, maintenance-free private living spaces with optional housekeeping and linen services. Residents can focus on their well-being without the worries of home upkeep.
- Nutrition is a priority, and these communities offer various dining options. You’ll find well-balanced, chef-prepared meals in dining areas that keep residents healthy and satisfied. They can also cook their own meals when the apartment has a kitchenette.
- Independent living communities should encourage a sense of belonging and enrichment through a wide range of programs and events.
Assisted Living Provides a Helping Hand
Assisted living is an ideal alternative for seniors who require a caring, helping hand with daily tasks. It provides a supportive environment where residents receive personalized care, medication administration, and on-site therapy while maintaining independence. These core services are vital for residents:
- Compassionate, trained caregivers assist with activities of daily living (ADLs) while ensuring residents’ security and well-being.
- Seniors enjoy secure living accommodations with accessible enhancements like grab bars for added support.
- The top assisted living communities in Plano offer a variety of lifestyle programs and fun events to keep residents active and socially connected.
- Chef-prepared, nutritious meals are served daily in restaurant-like settings.
Memory Care Offers Specialized Attention to Seniors with Dementia
Caring for a loved one with dementia or Alzheimer’s can be challenging. Memory care communities are designed to provide a secure and comforting environment, catering to the unique needs of residents with memory issues. Prestonwood Court offers comprehensive memory care services, including:
- A 24-hour care team with a high caregiver-to-resident ratio and nurse oversight
- Activities of daily support, including bathing, dressing, and toileting
- Housekeeping and laundry services, including linens
- The Pathways Program’s memory-enhancing activities
- Secure, stimulating environments designed to ensure residents’ well-being while providing activities that promote cognitive health
- Family support and resources for loved ones dealing with the difficulties of memory-related conditions
Living in Plano, Texas
One of the best things about living in Plano is its proximity to a world-class city like Dallas. We’re a short drive to get to the hustle and bustle, and then back home again to quietness and serenity. Prestonwood Court offers lovely views of Plano, right from the apartment windows – there are numerous walking trails and parks to enjoy nearby with family, friends, and pets.
The city is home to top hospitals, rehab centers, houses of worship, shopping outlets like Costco, and an excellent selection of restaurants. It’s all about choices; you can walk to our dining room for dinner or visit local and Dallas-based landmarks.
About Prestonwood Court
Located less than 30 minutes outside of Dallas, Prestonwood Court Senior Living in Plano won a Best U.S. News Award for 2002-2023. Our mission is rooted in a Resident First, Team-Focused, Quality-Centered philosophy with core values of communication, empowerment, excellence, and fun. And since we value our team members so dearly, we’re also a Great Place to Work-certified community. This all makes a difference in how we care for our residents and our team.
Below are some of the additional amenities and services that make Prestonwood Court’s homelike setting so convenient and comfortable for our residents:
- We are pet-friendly
- Premier Club fitness center
- Heated indoor swimming pool and spa with aquatic yoga classes
- Community gardens and outdoor patio
- Scheduled transportation
- Hair salon
Prestonwood Court Apartments
Our thoughtfully designed private studio and one-bedroom apartments have spacious bathrooms with walk-in showers and grab bars, plenty of storage, and natural light. We take care of the housekeeping and cooking so you’ll have more time for leisurely pursuits – cleaning, linen service, and chef-prepared meals are all included in the price. And of course, feel free to bring your own furniture.
Prestonwood Court Lifestyle Programs
Prestonwood Court has a full calendar of events that keeps our residents as busy as they like. You can find everything on the monthly assisted living and memory care newsletters; there is not one day on there that is blank! Here are some of the scheduled events:
- Saturday Sipping & Nibbles
- Chair yoga and other fitness classes
- Art class
- Lunch outings
- Ice cream socials
- Competitive games
Prestonwood Court Defines Exceptional Assisted Living and Memory Care in Plano, Texas
When deciding between independent living, assisted living, and memory care, the best choice depends on the care level required. Prioritizing your loved one’s unique health and socialization needs in any type of senior living community is crucial. If they would benefit from assisted living or more specialized memory care, you’ll find both senior living choices in Prestonwood Court.
Contact us for a tour of senior living in Plano, TX. We’ll be glad to walk you through our services and amenities.